Frequently Asked Questions CropConnect Conference 2018
Q1: What is the value in attending the conference?
A1: The conference is of exceptional quality with a variety of sessions on agronomy, succession planning, marketing, the science of agriculture, climate change and more. Attending is an opportunity to be part of a multi-commodity conference that will allow the progressive farmer to find out what is new in most of the crops they produce. The conference allows farmers an opportunity to learn and network in a more efficient way.
Q2: Producers already pay the check-off, why is there a charge to attend the conference?
A2: The seven commodity groups have provided check-off dollars towards the event. This contribution reduced the price of registration by half from $150.00 per day to $75.00 per day and only $50.00 for the banquet, which includes dinner. Not all our growers/members attend events so it’s not fair to have check-off dollars pay for everything.
Q3: Is there a charge to attend an AGM?
A3: Members who wish to attend any of the AGM’s are not required to pay but attendees will be required to show their conference pass to attend any other sessions. Special identification will be provided at the conference for AGM only participants. You can register online at www.CropConnectConference.ca, click on the “Easy and Secure Registration” icon and register for the AGM of your choice.
Q4: Why attend?
A4: In addition to agriculture-related sessions there will be over 100 exhibitors where you have a chance to talk with industry representatives and get the latest information on products and equipment. There will be keynote speakers on general topics, networking opportunities during the day, and an evening banquet. Don’t miss our banquet entertainment.
Q5: Do I get a reduced rate if I only want to attend one session or a few sessions?
A5: The registration is for one day or two days. We do not offer partial day registrations. We have a powerful program planned with incredible speakers and networking opportunities, so you may find yourself wanting to stay anyway.
Q6: Can I bring my spouse?
A6: Yes, attendees have the option to register a partner or spouse at the same rate of $75.00 per day. Please note: This option is only available for early bird registration. Early Bird registration end February 3, 2018 and the regular bird registration rate of $100.00 per day begins February 4, 2018.
Q7: What is included in the registration?
A7: We have worked very hard to make this the best conference for you. It’s an incredible two-day program designed to be of value to all Manitoba growers. Your registration for each day includes:
- Access to tradeshow
- All break-out sessions and keynote speakers
- Nutrition breaks and lunch
- NOTE: Price does not include the banquet unless you buy the Full Two Day package. Banquet tickets are sold separately at $50.00 each
Q8: Is there a discount for registering in advance?
A8: Yes, Early Bird registration costs $75.00 per day. Early Bird registration ends February 3, 2018. Regular registration rate is $100.00 per day beginning on February 4, 2018.
Q9: Are Continuing Education Units (CEUs) available for attending CropConnect?
A9: Yes, there will be two types of credits:
1. Certified Crop Advisor Credits (CCA) – These are continuing education credits that need to be accumulated annually by people that have a Certified Crop Advisor designation. The credits are awarded on sessions that deal with pest management, crop management, soil and water management, and crop fertility management. Credit for CropConnect will be up to 10 credits over the two days.
2. Certified Crop Science Consultant (CCSC) – These are continuing education credits that need to be accumulated annually by people that have a Certified Crop Science Consultant designation. Credit for CropConnect will be up to 12.5 credits over the two days.
Q10: Where do I park?
A10: The Victoria Inn Hotel is surrounded by over 900 parking spaces.